Article retrieved from: http://www.mercyhurst.edu/news/501-%E2%80%93-your-golden-ticket-arts-mercyhurst
The Mercyhurst Institute for Arts & Culture enjoys the annual support of a loyal cadre of patrons, and this season it will inaugurate a new tradition in grateful acknowledgement of their generosity: The 501.
The 501 is a membership society for patrons who are interested in enriching their performing arts experience while supporting the arts at Mercyhurst. Those who choose to become founding members of The 501 will receive a variety of exclusive benefits. Their patronage also will help make it possible for MIAC to offer tickets at markedly lower prices.
“It is through the generosity of corporate sponsors and individual benefactors, including members of The 501, that we’re able to bring world-class performing arts experiences to the Erie region and make our programming accessible to the broadest possible audience,” said MIAC Director Dr. Brett D. Johnson.
The introduction of The 501 supports a new direction the university has chosen to take in arts programming by trimming the number of shows in the MIAC Live series while securing high-profile names and offering tickets at lower prices. This year, for example, an adult ticket to MIAC’s most expensive performance is $30.
Membership in The 501, which takes its name from the university’s address at 501 E. 38th St., is now open. A membership of $501 entitles the patron to:
- Two premium seats to Bernadette Peters on Thursday, Sept. 28, including a private pre-show reception.
- Two premium seats to Lily Tomlin on Tuesday, Nov. 7, including a private pre-show reception.
- A voucher for two tickets to any other MIAC Live performance.
- Name recognition in all MIAC Live playbills for the 2017-18 season.
- Two tickets to The Summer Soirée on Saturday, Aug. 12, at Mercyhurst.
The Summer Soirée promises to be a grand occasion. MIAC fundraising committee members Susan Furr, Cheryl Vicary, Betsy Frank, Connie Manus, Gary Maas and Brett D. Johnson have planned an unforgettable evening of signature cocktails, gourmet hors d’oeuvres, live entertainment, backstage tours and a live auction.
Among the auction items are:
- A meet-and-greet with Bernadette Peters
- Reserved parking spots for the entire season
- A private box for the entire season
- A one-week stay in a luxury seven-bedroom beach house on Sea Island, Georgia.
To learn more about becoming a founding member of The 501, please visit the MIAC website.