- Presidential Search Website Launched Members of the Mercyhurst Community may now visit a new website dedicated to the ongoing search for the 12th President of Mercyhurst University. The site will be the home to all key updates for the search, as well as background information on the process, search timeline, search committee, search consultants, and much more.
The website also ... ( January 15, 2015)
- Gamble Announces Retirement from Mercyhurst Presidency Thomas J. Gamble, Ph.D., president of Mercyhurst University, announced to the university community today that he will retire on May 31, 2015, marking nearly a decade of distinguished service as the university’s 11thpresident and a 30-year affiliation with the institution. He will, however, remain at Mercyhurst to pursue other academic interests.
“It has been an enormous ... ( October 13, 2014)
- The Ultimate Return on Investment In the business world, one of the most important ways to measure success is “ROI” – Return On Investment. We treasure the concept of getting far more back than we put in, and really, why not? It’s just good business sense.
For this week only, ending May 26, Mercyhurst University alumni like you and I can get ... ( May 21, 2014)
- Greater voice. Greater impact. Give today! Going back to our founding year and the address that started it all, the Office of Institutional Advancement is launching a trustee challenge to all our alumni! From May 19-26, we are challenged to obtain 501 new donors to which a group of generous trustees will match $50 for every new donor we obtain.
In order ... ( May 19, 2014)
- Erie’s 2014 40 Under 40 With the announcement of Erie’s 2014 40 Under 40, we’re excited to claim a few of those 40 as our very own!
A big congratulations to Mercyhurst alumni Jay Breneman, Kaitlyn Slomski, and Kayti Stadler as well at MU employee Christine Olivier who all made this very impressive list. Thanks for all you do and for making ... ( April 16, 2014)
- Lakers Helping Lakers – Admissions and Career Development It’s that time of year – high school seniors are making their decisions of where they will spend the next four year – we all remember the feeling – and we know that the smart ones with make the right choice and attend Mercyhurst (wink wink).
While for many of us it was quite easy to ... ( March 24, 2014)
- It’s a great day to be a Laker and a hockey fan! It’s a huge day for Mercyhurst’s hockey programs – whether you’re near or far, cheer on our Lakers and wear your green and blue!
The men take the ice first today, facing Canisius at 4:05 p.m. in the semifinals of the American Hockey Association tournament. The winner advances to the conference championship Saturday at 7:05 ... ( March 21, 2014)
- Dr. Lena Surzhko-Harned Speaks at Cornell, Reunites with Mercyhurst Alumna Last weekend was a big weekend for the Mercyhurst Lakers at Cornell University. For one, the women’s hockey team earned an exciting victory over the Cornell Big Red and secured a Frozen Four berth.
For Caitlin Handerhan, a ‘13 political science alumnus currently pursuing graduate studies at Cornell, the weekend also brought a wonderful reunion. Handerhan ... ( March 20, 2014)
- Young Alumni Making a Big Impact Lindsey Bostwick is a graduate of 2013 and is one alumna that is making a BIG impact – serving our country as an officer in the Army. Lindsey is currently working in a Battalion S3 shop for an Airborne Brigade in Eagle River, Alaska – about ten minutes outside of Anchorage. We thought it was ... ( February 28, 2014)
- Share in Networking and Internships for Students In alignment with Dr. Gamble’s call at this year’s convocation, the University would like an increased focus on student internship participation – so we’re calling on our alumni. Student internships are an exciting and important piece the Mercyhurst experience. We believe that these capstone experiences add considerable value to any Mercyhurst University degree by enhancing each ... ( January 16, 2014)