- Erie’s 2014 40 Under 40 With the announcement of Erie’s 2014 40 Under 40, we’re excited to claim a few of those 40 as our very own!
A big congratulations to Mercyhurst alumni Jay Breneman, Kaitlyn Slomski, and Kayti Stadler as well at MU employee Christine Olivier who all made this very impressive list. Thanks for all you do and for making ... ( April 16, 2014)
- Lakers Helping Lakers – Admissions and Career Development It’s that time of year – high school seniors are making their decisions of where they will spend the next four year – we all remember the feeling – and we know that the smart ones with make the right choice and attend Mercyhurst (wink wink).
While for many of us it was quite easy to ... ( March 24, 2014)
- It’s a great day to be a Laker and a hockey fan! It’s a huge day for Mercyhurst’s hockey programs – whether you’re near or far, cheer on our Lakers and wear your green and blue!
The men take the ice first today, facing Canisius at 4:05 p.m. in the semifinals of the American Hockey Association tournament. The winner advances to the conference championship Saturday at 7:05 ... ( March 21, 2014)
- Dr. Lena Surzhko-Harned Speaks at Cornell, Reunites with Mercyhurst Alumna Last weekend was a big weekend for the Mercyhurst Lakers at Cornell University. For one, the women’s hockey team earned an exciting victory over the Cornell Big Red and secured a Frozen Four berth.
For Caitlin Handerhan, a ‘13 political science alumnus currently pursuing graduate studies at Cornell, the weekend also brought a wonderful reunion. Handerhan ... ( March 20, 2014)
- Young Alumni Making a Big Impact Lindsey Bostwick is a graduate of 2013 and is one alumna that is making a BIG impact – serving our country as an officer in the Army. Lindsey is currently working in a Battalion S3 shop for an Airborne Brigade in Eagle River, Alaska – about ten minutes outside of Anchorage. We thought it was ... ( February 28, 2014)
- Share in Networking and Internships for Students In alignment with Dr. Gamble’s call at this year’s convocation, the University would like an increased focus on student internship participation – so we’re calling on our alumni. Student internships are an exciting and important piece the Mercyhurst experience. We believe that these capstone experiences add considerable value to any Mercyhurst University degree by enhancing each ... ( January 16, 2014)
- ‘Tis the Season of Giving In the desire to continue the Mercy value of service to others, graduate Benjamin McCormick ’13 decided to reach out in his new community in Dayton, Ohio. Ben was interested in finding a group to participate with that was similar to the service learning he experienced at the ‘Hurst. Ben had been a part of ... ( November 27, 2013)
- The Spotlight is on Sones Our own Trevor Sones ’10 is a dance major who has used years of hard work and dedication to earn his role in many different national tours! On Thursday, November 21st we welcomed Trevor back to campus as an alum where he shared some choreography with our dance students!
Trevor was born and raised in Clearfield, ... ( November 25, 2013)
- Miller family gift, Hilton donation takes hospitality program to new heights Thanks to a generous gift from university friend, trustee and philanthropist Robert Miller, Mercyhurst University – The North East Campus is growing once again.
The culinary and hospitality associate degree programs will have a new home thanks to his gift of nearly nine acres of the Miller Estate, 1640 Freeport Road in North East.
The estate’s location ... ( November 4, 2013)
- Mercyhurst Honors ‘Distinguished Alumni’ Mercyhurst University honored five graduates with Distinguished Alumni Awards at Reunion Weekend 2013.
( June 4, 2013)