As we celebrate All Hallows Eve (Halloween) and move into the celebration of All Saints’ Day, All Souls’ Day, and Dia de Los Muertos, it is fitting that we recall those that have come before us and on whose shoulders we stand.
The Sisters of Mercy, university administration, faculty and staff, and countless alumni over the years who have given of themselves to further the mission and influence of Mercyhurst University. It is because of their dedication, sacrifices, and efforts that the Mercyhurst community has evolved into a first-rate institution with an international reputation.
So, in the coming days, take a moment to reflect with prayer gratitude upon our heritage and those who made possible the present and future of Mercyhurst. Give thanks for them and endeavor to follow in their footsteps in preserving and enhancing the legacy for future generations.
Alumni Association Updates
Your alumni association board of directors met twice during the month of October; during Homecoming Weekend and last weekend. Here is a highlight of our discussions and planning:
- The alumni association will be joining forces with the Student Alumni Association to provide opportunities and resources for networking and socialization.
- An update to the association bylaws was approved.
- The events committee is looking at ways to enhance the annual Alumni Golf Outing.
- The advancement committee is researching affinity programs and ways in which to enhance alumni giving to the annual fund.
- The networking committee is looking at ways to better connect alumni to university events through social media platforms.
- The board of directors is exploring ways to reestablish alumni chapters in major cities and regions of the country.
- The board of directors is endeavoring to connect with other Mercy colleges and universities for a joint service day in March 2014.
- The awards committee is accepting nominations for the annual Distinguished Alumni Awards.
All alumni are invited to participate in the planning and work of the Mercyhurst Alumni Association. Contact any board member, or the Alumni Relations Office, for more information.
Matthew Robaszkiewicz ’88, president
Mercyhurst University National Alumni Association
email@example.com / #202-636-3825