Life insurance is more than a source of protection for your family’s financial future, it is a flexible, versatile asset that can be used to leave your legacy at Mercyhurst University.
Mercyhurst University is named…
- The beneficiary of a life insurance policy, or
- The owner and beneficiary of a life insurance policy through an irrevocable gift.
- Both scenarios offer specific tax advantages.
- Future premium payments are deductible only if ownership of the policy is transferred to Mercyhurst University.
A charitable contribution of a life insurance policy offers a number of practical advantages including:
- Make a gift using an asset that you and your family no longer need.
- Receive an income tax deduction.
- In some cases, you can use the cash value in your policy to fund a life-income gift, such as a charitable remainder trust.
Where to Start
Please contact Ryan J. Palm ’07, associate vice president for advancement at email@example.com or by calling 814-824-3320 to start a conversation about this type of gift.
A gift of life insurance entitles you to membership in the O’Neil Society, the recognition society for those giving to Mercyhurst through their will or other estate-related gifts.