ALUMNI: MERCYHURST NEEDS YOUR HELP WITH NOMINATIONS FOR THE TEACHING EXCELLENCE AWARD
Established in 1990, the Teaching Excellence Award is presented annually to outstanding full-time faculty members in recognition that Mercyhurst’s primary institutional priority has always been, and still is, exceptional teaching inside and outside of the classroom setting.
This award recognizes those who make significant contributions to the intellectual life of the University, who embody excellence in all aspects of teaching, including advising, mentoring, teaching to mission, and engaging students in their learning.
When you’re considering the professors you had here at MU think about those who exemplified:
- The ability to inspire, promote, and sustain your intellectual development
- A teaching approach that was innovative, intellectually rigorous, creative, and engaging
- A teaching approach that integrated current scholarly and professional contributions into the classroom, that fostered your critical thinking, and that challenged you to independent inquiry
- A support for the Mission, e.g., by raising global awareness, promoting social justice, and educating both heart and mind.
- A dedication to going above-and-beyond as an advisor and mentor in and out of the classroom
- A commitment to guiding students’ intellectual, personal, social, and spiritual growth.
A faculty committee composed of previous recipients of the award meets every Spring to review nominations. We want to hear what you have to say. Your experience since leaving Mercyhurst makes your perspective on which faculty members are truly “excellent” so important to consider.
Please fill out the form below to nominate a candidate!
The deadline for nominations is April 7.